At the Route 66 Marathon expo, I had the opportunity to meet one of the CICs (Chicks in Charge) from the Little Rock Marathon and we talked about the medal for a bit.
Fun facts about the Little Rock Marathon:
- There is no time limit. They have the clock on for everyone.
- Every finisher gets a medal. Even the 5K & 10K participants.
- I hear they have an awesome after party later that night.
- The medal is bigger every year.
- The Little Rock Half Marathon medal is bigger than the Boston Marathon Finisher Medal!
There is not much that can beat having a huge medal for a race. Unless a race offers 2 medals! In December the Hubbo and I finished our second marathon, the Double Half Marathon aka the Half & Half Marathon here in Tulsa. A lot of times people ask why we run. Well let's be honest, medals are cool! We enjoy the running, and training for the races, we enjoy the races themselves, but we really like collecting something that we feel we really earned every step of the way. Today our second medal finally came in from the marathon we did in December. See the picture below. If you want to read more about how the race went click HERE.