Here is what I'm excited about:
- The race is local so I'll know a TON of the runners
- I know the course
- The course is SUPER flat
- I have an AWESOME Hubbo who will be racing with me
- When I finish, I can apply for Marathon Maniacs
- When I finish, I can put an Ultra sticker on my car
- I will have pushed myself to new level
I wrote a blog a week or so ago called, I. Am. Terrified. where I talked about my fear of running a 50K and then selected a mantra for the race. All I have to do is Keep Going. Doesn't matter how fast or slow. I just want to finish the race. My Hubbo took my mantra and turned it into a race bib that I can wear on my back to encourage other runners! Either as they pass me or are behind me. Well let's face it, most likely they will see it as they pass me! :)
I'm really excited to wear it. He is going to wear one on Saturday as well as another Ginger friend of mine, Amber. It will be fun to have a little group of us encouraging others to finish the race and to Keep Going.
Happy Running! My next blog post will hopefully be my Go Short, Go Long, Go Very Long 50K Race Recap!