If you have been on Facebook in the last 48 hours you've seen a TON of your friends post a status where they list anywhere from 3-12 things you might not have known about them. And if you like the status they will give you a number and expect you do to the same thing. It's kind of fun and pretty trendy right now. I did it on my personal FB account, but decided to do a running inspired post and put it here to share with you, my running buddies.

P.S. I just picked the number 10 because it sounded like a good idea at the time.
  1. I dislike weekday training runs, but enjoy my Saturday long training runs and have a LOVE/Hate relationship with races. See #2.
  2. I get super nervous right before a race to the point where I start shaking and feel like I'm going to vomit or wet myself. It isn't pretty. 5k-50k, doesn't matter the distance, it happens every time. But I love doing races and getting medals.
  3. I love having my running buddies with me all the time. I could never run a race alone. I'm pretty sure, I. would. die.
  4. I secretly have a dream of qualifying for Boston but am too scared to really try and train for it. (This is no longer a secret, huh?)
  5. I have to force myself not to sing out loud when I'm listening to my iPod and running with my group. I'm not sure they would appreciate the audio attack on their ears that early on a Saturday morning.
  6. I ran track in High School but hated long distance running back then. Now, I dread going to track night! Kinda funny how that one worked out.
  7. I've wanted a running skirt for a while but I don't feel "girly" enough to rock one. #tomboy4life
  8. I want to run a race in every State. So far I've ran in 4. So I only have little farther to go.
  9. I don't stretch enough or take ice baths after long runs. But I know I should.
  10. I'm not so worried about my time during races that I won't stop and take a picture or 5 along the way. It's more about the adventure than the PR.

Comments

11/14/2013 6:04pm

These are great! I also want to run a race (a half marathon) in every state. I've only done three, so you're ahead of me!!

11/14/2013 7:43pm

Yeah, I think I could do a half in every state, but don't think my body would be up for a full marathon. What states have you completed so far?

11/14/2013 6:32pm

I love these! I also would love to qualify for Boston but honestly there is no way I'd make it 26.2 miles...13.1 is my max. Oh and my life goal is to run a half marathon in each state..I've done 3 with a 4th in March...

11/14/2013 7:45pm

Thanks Heather!
I've ran 4 marathons but they were super hard on my body, not to mention I would need to take probably close to 2 hours off my PR. Yikes!
What states have you done and what race are you doing in March?

11/14/2013 7:58pm

So far I did the Hard Rock Nashville Half Marathon in TN in Nov 2012, the Disney Princess Half Marathon in FL in Feb 2013, and the Disneyland Half Marathon in CA in Sept. 2013. I will be doing the GA Publix Half Marathon the end of March in Atlanta.

11/14/2013 8:32pm

That's awesome! I've always wanted to do a Disney race. Which did you like better Disneyworld or Disneyland?

11/15/2013 5:43am

Disneyland had some issues at the expo but the race was so much better. All the races at disneyworld are on property but at disneyland you get to run through Aneheim - including past the Honda Center (home of the ducks hockey team) and through Angle Stadium (baseball)...i'm a huge sports fan so that was sooo cool.

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
11/15/2013 9:14pm

That sounds cool! I'll keep it in mind if I ever do a Disney Race!

Bethany
11/14/2013 10:34pm

Get a skirt!! They are so fun ( I like lululemons because it had ruffles!)

11/14/2013 11:20pm

I think I will! Maybe I'll get in for Christmas and start 2014 off with some new running threads!

11/15/2013 7:59pm

Ah yes... I believe that Boston dream is in the mind of many of us. But hey if you don't try... This is the woman who, when I first read her blog had just done a 50K right?

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
11/15/2013 9:18pm

LoL. Yes that's me! I kind of have a baby step plan in mind which involves going back to full marathon training this summer! We'll see! What's next for you Frank?

10/18/2015 4:18am

Running is a very good hobby to have in the society members. Running help them to maintain their health in the society. Without the running they cannot able to make them fit and smart.