It's 10 days before Christmas and here at the RunGingerRunBlog house, we finally got into the Christmas spirit enough to put up our Christmas tree. Well sort of. We like to change up the theme of our Christmas tree each year instead of having the same one over and over. We've had all clear glass themed ornaments, we've had blue and silver ornaments, we've had multicolored themed ornaments, red and silver themed ornaments, a candy themed tree and last year we even had a Halloween themed Christmas tree. (We really really really like Halloween around here.) But this year may be my favorite theme of all.
Running!!!

Here's what we did...

The Garland

For the garland, we used the left over safety pins and strung together a bunch of our race bibs that we've both been collecting over the last 2 years. It was surprisingly easy and worked pretty well! This helps so that the tree doesn't look so empty.

The "Ornaments"

We actually thought about having a running themed Christmas tree last year but we didn't think we would have enough medals. This is a picture of most of the medals that we earned in 2013.

(The Lucky Little Rock Marathon Medal didn't make it to the tree because it was way to heavy!)

The Tree Topper

The Tree Topper is actually a Tulsa Golden Driller Piggy bank. The Hubbo got that as an age group award when he placed third in his age group at the Corn Dog Classic 5K this fall.

The Golden Driller must have gotten drunk off some eggnog or something because he fell off the tree a few times, but I think he's learned his lesson now!

The Tree Skirt

You can't have a running themed Christmas tree without a running themed "skirt" and of course your running shirts need to be represented in this ordeal so...problem solved!

More Pics

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Today while we were decorating the tree I played my Christmas song playlist to help us stay festive and in the Christmas spirit. The playlist isn't very long so it inspired me to take a poll on Twitter and Facebook to see what everyone's favorite Christmas song was.
Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what your favorite Christmas song is too!
Here are the results of the Twitter and Facebook Poll:
  • O Holy Night
  • All I Want for Christmas Is You
  • Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
  • I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas
  • Silver Bells
  • Santa Baby
  • Do You Hear What I Hear?
  • Carol of the Bells
  • Up on the House Top
  • Feliz Navidad

Comments

12/16/2013 6:18pm

That is really cool.

(I don't care for Christmas music, so I won't vote). Those LR medals are SO HUGE!

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
12/16/2013 8:05pm

Thanks! I wish I could say the idea was all mine but I got the idea from Runners World last year.
The LR medals are huge! Their claim to fame is that they get bigger every year!

12/17/2013 10:22pm

Loved the tree idea. My bib numbers adorn the door of my wine cellar. The idea of Christmas decorations had not struck me before. Very innovative. Lol.
I enjoyed your blog. I stated my blog a few months ago. I love writing about and for the running community. Keep up the good work.
Mark
The blog I a britrunner.com. Leave a message too.

12/18/2013 2:40pm

Thanks Mark! I'll check out your site! I'm totally addicted to other blogs right now too!
The bibs on the wine cellar door sounds like a neat idea too. First, must get a wine cellar! :)

12/20/2013 5:45pm

That tree? Is the coolest I've ever seen.

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
12/20/2013 6:00pm

Thank you! If ant wait for next year when we can add more medals!

12/28/2014 12:37pm

Hello, I seriously appreciate posts which include interesting info and which I am generally eager to study! Terrific web site!

Assess binary possibilities brokers and find out how to trade binary selections. You may browse binary selections critiques and fraud reviews about Binary Selections buying and selling.

I love this true story of healing. And that husband of yours is amazing!

10/12/2015 3:28am

Education is very dynamic and beneficial system foots the students and individuals. It is benefiting and providing the entire society with great and immense knowledge. The roots of the education and studies are very deep and strong. The skills and abilities of the entire community and humanity are made strong.

11/30/2015 6:18am

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.

12/25/2015 12:43pm

Buy essay from our professional writers. Well-researched, written and edited 100% plagiarism free papers are guaranteed.

12/26/2015 12:59pm

We get different things from land. All these things are very useful in making different kind of foods when we are busy in doing work in our kitchen for family.

04/06/2016 5:51am

The inner surface is lined with cushion to ensure it is comfortable enough for the hunter. Their light weight feature is also an added comfort. However, the outer surface is strong enough to compare it to battle armor.

06/16/2016 2:51am

RunGingerRunBlog house?? its quite funny residential name, jokes a part if you need professional writing help for christmas or new year greetings we'll be here to help you with it. thanks agian.

06/26/2016 6:50am

Frequent goes to here i will discuss the obvious way to appreciate it on your attempt, which often means that Now i am viewing the internet site day-to-day, in search of completely new, useful facts. Quite a few, with thanks!

07/30/2016 7:47am