In January I wrote a blog about my goals for 2014. Now that we are almost done with June, I thought it was time to check in on my goals and see how I'm doing so far. You know, for accountability and stuff.

Goal #1

Run a race in a State we haven't raced in before.

Boom! Done!
We crushed this goal already by running the Mustang 50th Half Marathon in Nevada and the Garmin Half Marathon in Kansas

We'll also be able to cross California off the list for The Hubbo when we run the Half at the Ventura Marathon in September! If you want to join me or meet up at this race, you can use the discount code: BibChat10 to save $10 on your race registration! Let me know if you'll be there!

Goal #2

PictureMedals as of January 2014
Earn more medals in 2014 than 2013.
Almost Done!
In 2013 we ended up with 9 medals total. So far in 2014 we've earned 7 medals and have several more races on the books!

If all goes according to plan, we'll pick up the following medals for the rest of 2014:
  • Firecracker 5K
  • Fleet Feet Quarter Marathon (Maybe)
  • Tulsa Run 15K
  • Ventura Half Marathon
  • Jenks Half Marathon
  • Route 66 5K
  • Route 66 Full Marathon

Medals as of June 2014

Goal #3

PictureGoal #3B. I still need to wear this shirt!
Complete a Marathon in under 5 Hours for a new Marathon PR.

This is the goal I am most worried about. I haven't ran a full marathon since March 2013. Also, I have never ran a marathon pain free. I'm interested to see if I can make it through this training session pain free and see how good/bad I'll do when I have a fair shot at a full marathon. My previous full marathon PR is 5:16. My plan is to run the full at Route 66 here in Tulsa in November. My realistic goal is 4:50-4:59. My ideal goal would be 4:45 - 4:50. We'll have to see how my body holds up. I've been doing things a lot differently this year which includes more cross training and trying to eat better.
Side Note - At the Route 66 Full, I'll also be doing the Center of The Universe Detour which adds .3 miles which makes it a 26.5 mile race!

Race Announcement!

You guys! I'm so excited to officially announce this on my blog! We are running the Honolulu Marathon on December 14th!
This will be my second full marathon for 2014 but I'm not going into this one with any goals other than to have fun, enjoy the view, and cross the finish line. I'm not a hot weather runner and suspect this one will be hot and humid.
The Hubbo and I opted out of a summer vacation this year to run the Honolulu Marathon and turn it into a Winter Racecation.
Have you ever ran this marathon? Or traveled to Hawaii? Any advice for me?
If you want to meet up at this race let me know! I also have a Honolulu Marathon discount code to help you save some cash. Be sure to check out my Discount Page on my blog for race discounts and product discounts.
 Use Code: BibRave15 to save 15% off a race entry fee for the Honolulu Marathon.

Question! How are your 2014 Goals Coming Along?

Comments

06/26/2014 8:55pm

I am slowly working toward my goals.. Some of came more easy than others, but i tried to make all of mine very hard.. I say go big or go home

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/26/2014 10:56pm

I hear ya! This is the first year I've blogged about my goals so I decided to start small and next year I'll go a little bigger/more difficult. What were your goals for 2014?

07/02/2014 2:46pm

Run a sub 3 hour marathon....didn't do it yet and I stress yet. Columbus is coming and I believe I can do it there. Run a sub 5 mile again. It's been since high school- I am slowly getting there. I did however drop times like I wanted to, and I have cross trained a lot more like I wanted too

06/26/2014 9:43pm

That is a lot of medals. Seems like every race I run is just going to pay me on the back... Even if I win. Lol. Those like like great goals and your getting done so quickly. Sendem!

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/26/2014 10:55pm

Thanks! I should have listed that those are actually The Hubbo's medals and mine combined. So that is why you see two of the same kind. Also we do have 4 races not represented up there because we framed them.

06/26/2014 9:57pm

Nice medals! How exciting that you'll be running the Honolulu Marathon!! Sounds like a great racecation!!

I did meet my half marathon goal of running under 2 hours in the last race, hoping to PR in the next one. :)

06/26/2014 10:54pm

That's awesome! Congrats! I am slowly working my half marathon time closer to 2:10 and ultimately would LOVE to be under 2:00 at least once in my life! Good luck with the PR! :)

06/27/2014 8:59am

Never been to Hawaii but I live in a tropical island and the two things I can tell you is 1) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And after that, hydrate some more. 2) Whatever your marathon pace, bring it down by about a minute or even more if you have to. For a good example of what to expect, check out videos of the Ironman Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii, especially the marathon portion, It is held in October so you can expect similar conditions for your race.

Oh, and don't forget the sun block. Don't. Ever. Forget. The Sun Block.

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/27/2014 5:28pm

Yes! We plan to fly out there a day early just so we can hydrate all day and not be trying to travel and drink a ton of water. And sunscreen is a MUST for this fair skinned Ginger! I practically live in it! LOL
Thanks for the tips!

Awesome job on the goals. I never set any for this year, but I was only running my first half ever, so I didnt know what to expect. I should set some to finish out the year, but maybe I'll just start working on ones for 2015. If I start now, I might actually get around to setting them by January. Haha.

06/27/2014 5:29pm

Thanks John! It sounds like you just set your 2014 Goal, to have goals in 2015! :) Good luck!

Donal
06/28/2014 4:53pm

Way to set goals! I'm running in the firecracker 5k too. Not a fan of the heat but I need to do something to keep motivated. Plus, i need medals! If you see a 50ish guy with a handlebar mustache, say hi!

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/30/2014 10:22pm

Thanks Donal! I'll be looking for you! Sounds like we signed up for the same reason. I'm bad about running during the summer and starting marathon training on the 12th is going to be hard!

06/29/2014 9:19pm

I bet the Hawaii marathon will be beautiful!! Congrats on making progress towards your goals!

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/30/2014 10:19pm

Thanks! I've never been to Hawaii and I'm super excited! I plan to take a TON of pics too.

07/02/2014 8:36pm

Hawaii?!?! You lucky goose! I can't wait to see those pics! My next marathon is Rock n Roll Savanna That will be a new state for me :-)

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
07/02/2014 11:26pm

I've wanted to do a Rock-n_Roll race but haven't managed to squeeze one in my racing schedule yet. It's exciting to check off a new state! I hope you have fun!

11/16/2015 2:40pm

Run ginger run blog is wonderful blog public like such blog because this type of blog is very informative and helpful for them. This blog tell about own goals update. When people go to some event sport festival they hear the voice of race announcement and watch the race.

05/20/2016 8:46am

I also set up my goals for every year and every month and even for days as I find it to be really good to live life with a purpose. Your goals for this year is quite passionate and ambitious. I wish you good luck in success of all these goals.

03/27/2017 2:48am

Hello, this weekend is fastidious in favor of me, since this time i am
reading this impressive informative article here at my residence.

04/18/2017 2:05am

I am so grateful for your article.Much thanks again. Want more.