As a blogger of any kind or especially a run blogger, there are certain themes or recurring thoughts I think we all like to blog about from time to time. It also seems that we've all been guilty of most, if not all, of the themes below. At least, I hope I'm not alone in some of these! If you are curious and not sure if you qualify as a run blogger...
You may be a run blogger if...

#1 You Like to Take Selfies with Your Race Medal

Guilty!

#2 You Run All The Races so You'll Have Something to Blog About

#3 You Have a Fantastic Blog Idea but Feel Like You Can't Post it Because Another Blogger Beat You To It

Ugh! This may be the most frustrating part about being a blogger/fan of other blogs. I'll come up with an idea and I usually sit on them for a bit and tweak them over time. But then, just when I get ready to finalize it and hit publish, I'll stumble across another blogger who did the same thing! Christmas time is the worst! Everyone is putting out Christmas Gift Guides for Runners, or their New Years Goals.

#4 You Spend HOURS Searching for the Perfect .gif to Showcase the Awesomeness That is Your Hilarious Post

Seriously! I've spent more time looking for memes or .gif images than I truly care to confess. I seriously hope I'm not the only one!

#5 You Have To Decide Between More Nutrition in Your Running Belt or Take Your Phone for Mid-Race Pics!

Mid-Race Photos Are Awful! Should have brought more ENGERYbits!
We've all had to make the gut-wrenching decision of more nutrition in your fuel belt or using that tiny, yet highly coveted, space in your fuel belt for your cell phone so you can get some pre-race or mid-race pics. I always take my phone for pic opportunities and for safety, but after reviewing my typical in-the-corral pics and mid-race pics, maybe I should just starting using that space for fuel!

Look how red my face is in that pic! This was around mile 5 of the Garmin Half Marathon in April 2014.

#6 You've Been Recognized at a Race or Event Because of Your Blog

Tulsa is a tight-knit community of runners and it's not uncommon to randomly hear someone shouting out your real name as you are running a race even though you didn't necessarily invite family and friends for moral support. But when someone yells out your blog name at a race, two things immediately happen.
1. You're excited that someone recognized you from your small blog!
2. Then you immediately panic because you aren't quiet sure who they are!

You panic not because of stranger danger (well maybe a little bit) but because you don't want to seem rude for not knowing who they are. Blogging is funny that way. Bloggers put so much out there that people know a lot about you even when you first meet and yet you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about them! But really, I love it when people say Hi to me when I'm out at an event or race.

Leave A Comment! Do You Carry Your Cell Phone When You Run Races?

Comments

06/18/2014 6:16pm

... or you revise your copy because you couldn't find the right Gif! lol. All are totally true! virtual high-five !

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/18/2014 10:24pm

LOL High Five!
I've also rewritten certain parts of a blog to make a meme fit in better! Glad I'm not alone!

06/18/2014 6:53pm

I do #2 all the time! (... wait! Hmmmm... Never mind) For #4 I got a pretty cool app called meme generator so I can make my own and amazingly enough, #6 happened to me twice during the Disney marathon. Incredible to bump into the two people who read your blog...

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/18/2014 10:26pm

I need that app! I would save so much time! LOL
I remember reading that on your blog about the Disney marathon and thought it was so cool! Maybe one day, I'll bump into you :)

06/18/2014 9:17pm

Yes I carry my phone on my runs! Mostly because I don't have a watch yet so I use an app to track, but I am guilty of run-selfies. :)

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/18/2014 10:27pm

I hope your run selfies turn out way better than mine! I posted the same one as above on Twitter and someone thought I was sunburned!
Oh and I used an app on my phone for a long time too. Super helpful.

06/18/2014 10:24pm

You are not the only one who spends forever looking for the perfect gif! Haha. Too funny. And no I don't carry my cell with me, but I have a ghetto fabulous non smart phone, so it would be prett muc useless to carry anyway.

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
06/18/2014 10:28pm

So glad I'm not alone in the .gif/meme search! Seriously, if they would just make a directory of perfect images just for my blog, that would be great! :)

06/18/2014 11:27pm

Running without a phone?! I can't even imagine. And you know you are a blogger if you constantly think in hash tags! Lol

06/19/2014 8:21am

Right? LOL I even add hashtags to my blog because I think they are funny!

06/19/2014 12:48pm

Ha, these are sooo true! I WISH I were recognized at races for my blog! That would be amazing!

06/20/2014 11:35am

You never know! It could happen! I've had my blog for well over a year before it happened at a hometown race. :)

07/02/2014 5:27pm

Yes, I take a cell phone and a small camera to all my races and runs. I blame my extremely slow plodding pace on the pics that I take. And I do take selfies of myself with the medals. Of course I only get medals if they give them to all the finishers.

RunGingerRunBlog - Sarah
07/02/2014 11:33pm

I've blamed my stopping to take pics during a marathon on my slow pace as well! Glad to know I'm not the only one ;)

07/07/2014 1:52pm

I ran the Garmin half in April too!! Also, I can relate to almost all of these :) #RunBloggerProblems

<a href="http://whattheheckwhynot2011.blogspot.com/">WhatTheHeckWhyNot?</a>

10/28/2015 1:07am

Blogger and bloging is very nice activity to conduct and it is requires the writing and knowledge skills. The persons who are intending for the blogging and such activities, must become good readers and writers if they have any intention and wish. This is academic and intellectual act.

02/27/2016 9:46pm

As designed, based on my research so far, the system seems to be focused on maintaining the status quo.