PictureSpeed Work + August Heat = 1 Tired Ginger!
Hi Running Buddies!

How has your summer been? Or really, where did the summer go? It's hard to believe that it's already mid August and I'm already starting week 7 of my marathon training program today. It's been a while since I've posted a training update and last week was a really good week so I wanted to share it with you.

Monday - 30 Minute Boot Camp Class + 5 Mile Run
Tuesday - 30 Minute Boot Camp Class + 4 Mile Run
Wednesday - 30 Minute Boot Camp Class
Thursday - 3.5 Mile Run - Hills
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday - 12.3 Mile Run @Base Pace
Sunday - Rest Day

Summary: I ran about 25 miles and was able to cross train 3 times last week and have 2 full rest days. You all know how I feel about rest days! :) If you don't, you can read it here.

Goals for this week: Be better about foam rolling and trigger point ball massage/rolling for my feet, calf muscles, as well as my IT band and start breaking in my next pair of running shoes.
I'm really focusing hard on not going back to the chiropractor unless I just absolutely have to!
I'd rather save my cash to spend when we are in Hawaii for the Honolulu Marathon!

Thanks to my pals at Bibrave.com you can save some cash (save 15%) on an entry fee to the Honolulu Marathon to by using this code: Bibrave15
I just added 4 more discount codes on my discount page on my blog, check it out!

Question! How many days a week do your cross train? How many days a week do you run?

Comments

08/18/2014 8:41pm

I run 2 to 3 times a week and cross train twice

08/18/2014 10:02pm

I'm surprised I've never ran into you running around Tulsa! If I ever do I'll be sure to say hi!

08/18/2014 8:44pm

I forgot you were doing that marathon! So exciting! Nice week of training.

08/18/2014 10:01pm

Thanks! I usually don't do a lot of training posts, but I was kinda proud of myself for getting all my workouts in so I decided it was blog worthy! Ha!

08/18/2014 9:06pm

I run 4 times a week and cross train on Sundays. I'm also on Week 7 of my marathon training too!

08/18/2014 10:00pm

That's awesome! What marathon are you training for?

Troy
08/18/2014 10:35pm

Rock N Roll Savannah. Race date is November 8th. This will be my first. I even signed up for a 1 mile run/walk the following day!

08/21/2014 8:42am

That's awesome! Congrats on training for your first full! I've never heard of a 1mi run/walk the following day. That's pretty interesting. Hope it goes great!

08/19/2014 7:53pm

Congrats on a awesome week, I usually cross train only 1 or 2 days and I run 5 or 6 days

RunGingerRun- Sarah
08/21/2014 8:47am

Thanks Shaun! You are busy too! What race is coming up for you?

03/23/2016 2:32am

I might suggest solely beneficial in addition to trusted facts, and so find it:

04/07/2016 1:48pm

Specific custom commodity authoritative affiliations will appropriately affair you a accomplished almanac that is reused from auspiciously fabricated assignment for specific customers. Some of these accessories alike get emphasized online and actuate the befalling to be axiological for your drillmaster to get and abolish as cardinal fabricated mutilation.

04/18/2016 3:22am

I run 5 days a week 3 days continues and rest day and again 2 days run. I cross train thrice. Your training seems to be going on well and I want to appreciate you for your hard training schedule through the week. I want to wish a great success in Honolulu Marathon cheers.

04/03/2017 7:25am

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.