PictureMust. Cross. Finish. Line.
Have you ever looked through the photos from a race and thought "Those are all the best pictures I've ever seen!"? No? Me either. Race photos usually suck! Well if you are me, that is, they usually suck. You can see what I'm talking about here

Recently The Hubbo and I traveled to California and ran the Ventura Half Marathon. You can read my recap here. One of the cool things about this race is that all the race photos are free! But! (There is always a but.) Not all race photos are created equal. I've been lucky to get a couple good ones and then I've been unlucky and got a bunch of weird ones.

I'm glad these were free because some of them were so awkward and bad, there is no way I would pay $20-$40 or more for these! But since they were free, and I'm always happy to make fun of myself, I thought I'd share them with you.

I tried to be all cool and take a photo of me rocking my BibRave tat, but it just turned out awkward so it didn't make the original post.
But since I'm always willing to make fun of myself for a good laugh, here you go! #YoureWelcome
I look like a have some weird farmers tan going on but really, Gingers don't tan!

I look like I'm about to throw a right hook at George! I don't know why my arms are all weird and defensive looking. I guess I'm just ready to knock-a-sucker-out at any moment during the run! Run boxing...Is that a thing?

Disclaimer!
No punches were thrown at this race!

This one isn't the worst. If you want to see the worst race photo I've ever had, click here and scroll to the bottom of the post.
But don't say I didn't warn you!

I look like I am drooling over the finish line being so close! Truth be told, I probably was. I was glad to be done.

And why is my head cocked back like that? Am I trying to run like a gangster?
No. Just no.

Leave a comment! Are your race photos good, bad, or just ugly?

Comments

09/17/2014 9:23pm

For some reason the race photos of me always make me look like I am not actually running. My friends tell me that is because I am not.

I think race photos are a high priced ripoff. I like the free ones.

09/17/2014 9:51pm

LOL! I've had race photos and it doesn't look like I'm running either! Glad I'm not alone there. Free is definitely awesome! Especially if they are going to be when you are making an awful face. I'd never buy one of those.

09/17/2014 10:03pm

I've got some pretty choice photos. The great ones are one where gravity is working with me.
The bad ones? Gravity is most definitely working AGAINST me.

09/17/2014 11:06pm

I feel ya! Gravity and camera angles can be a real pain!

Shaun
09/18/2014 6:43am

My pics are always horrible. I just looked at mine from my race over the weekend and I honestly thought they made me look like I have never ran before. Plus after seeing the pics I start to question myself on if I was drunk when I got dressed or why did my wife let me leave the house looking like an asshole

09/18/2014 5:38pm

That comment made me LOL for real! Ha!
I always look like a drunk toddler pinned my bib on for me!

Mine tend to not usually be that great either, though I also don't like a lot of pictures of me, so go figure.

And I'm so with you on the tanning thing. I go from white to red back to white again. The tannest I get is freckled. It's like one of those dot paintings: from fair enough away, it looks tan.

09/18/2014 5:38pm

Right? There is no middle ground, not even a little tan. Red, White, or Freckle.

09/18/2014 11:03am

My race photos are either awesome or awful. There is no in-between.

I have a serious racerback tank going on right now. If I had to wear a strapless dress, it would be humorous.

09/18/2014 5:42pm

It's a good thing fall is on its way! No more strapless dressed with weird tan lines. :)

09/18/2014 11:11am

These are not so bad. No, really. But I'm totally with you. It's hard to look at pictures of oneself, especially race pics. That pic where you got shot with the sedative from the grassy knoll though... now that was pretty bad. Lol

09/18/2014 5:42pm

LOL I agree! That one still takes the cake for the worst race photo I have.
Did you find your garmin??

09/18/2014 1:22pm

My husband takes photos of my races https://www.flickr.com/photos/22287142@N02/sets/ as something to do while I am running. He doesn't charge but he does edit. I've seen some really ugly photos that never made it to his Flickr. He also waits until the official photos are up unless they are part of the race package. It is possible that this photographer simply uploaded and let people sort it out. I've seen a few out of focus race photos from photogs that just upload. The editing and color correcting is quite labor intensive.

09/18/2014 5:45pm

The runners who had a photo not make it to his Flickr account should thank him! LOL They probably don't even know what they were in for!

09/19/2014 7:48am

I think in my history of races (which, granted, is not super long), I have maybe 1 or 2 really good pictures. Otherwise I'm either being blocked by someone or I just look terrible. But seriously. Who looks really good while running? :)

RunGingeRun - Sarah
09/19/2014 8:50pm

Exactly! If you look amazing while running, you aren't working hard enough! But I may be a bit jealous of those people... :)

Haha - love that you are able to laugh about the bad ones :) My photos are usually half and half... some terrible ones, some good ones. I like them all though, because in a way, they tell the story of my race (which is usually the good, the bad, and the ugly haha).

09/23/2014 11:05pm

True! I download all the free ones and keep them for the fun memories!

01/31/2016 5:31pm

The Ventura Half Marathon looks so amazing and it is always the best to be a part of these races so that you can know about your skills. It also tells us how much training we still require being the best and win a Marathon.